Code of Conduct
1. Members shall demonstrate positive sportsmanship on and off of the field. This
includes exercising positive self-control, graciously accepting the outcome of games
and treating all players, officials and spectators with courtesy and respect.
2. Members shall demonstrate respect for all players, coaches and managers in
behavior and language. Profanity will not be tolerated.
3. Members shall demonstrate respect for officials, in part by accepting their
decisions. Insulting comments, arguing, gestures and profanity directed at
officials will not be tolerated.
4. Members shall positively represent the Turn Verein Soccer Club (STV) on and off
5. Members are responsible for timely notification of absences from games to the
coach or manager of the team as determined by the team.
6. Violence and abuse of any nature will not be tolerated.
7. Members shall model inclusive behavior, actively supporting cultural diversity
while opposing all types of discrimination, including, but not limited to national
origin, religion, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation at all levels of
8. Members shall refrain from all manner of personal abuse and harassment of
others, whether verbal, physical, emotional or sexual, and shall oppose such abuse
and harassment at all levels of soccer.
1. Encourage positive sportsmanship by example. Remind teammates if they get
inappropriately carried away with their emotions during the game. Accept these
reminders graciously when offered by other members.
2. Be supportive –unconditionally—accept wins and losses.
3. Interact positively with the opposing team. Set a good example for other players
indicating that you can compete assertively and still be respectful.
4. Be welcoming to all team members on and off the field. Minimize gossip and
criticism of teammates, other players and coaches or managers.
5. Support officials—do not criticize vocally during games. Leave any issues with
the game officials to your coach or manager.
6. Support the team and club.